Did you like buying your Toyota?

I recently bought a 2007 RAV4 and, to make a long story short, decided to put up a website to help people buy cars. The focus of the site is not to sell anything, but rather to provide useful information to anyone about to buy a car. Hopefully it will help people save time & money and avoid getting scammed.

At this point, the site is just getting started so I need input on what people are interested in. There's a survey at http:// surveys.zdecisions.com, and I would be most appreciative if you would take a few minutes and complete the survey.

Thanks very much!

-chasfs

Reply to
chasfs

I like buying the cars (Toyotas), but I don't like the *process* of buying a car. Except it does make me feel good in the end, since I never give the salesperson what they wanted (MSRP, or anything near it), yet get what I want - both in terms of the car & thew cost.

I always go in armed - knowing exactly which model, trim level, & options I want, along w/ the dealer cost for the basic vehicle & for each option. It usually takes three sessions, with me walking out the first two times, then the salesperson finally coming to grips with the fact that if he wants to make a sale, that he's going to have to come *way* down in price (to ~$200 -

400 over dealer cost). Otherwise, he realizes I'm going to walk, yet again.

Cathy

Reply to
Cathy F.