diffrent size's of brake pads on echo ?

I've gotten brake pads from two different auto replacement shop's, & their smaller than the orig. pads. (frnt) In height & width ( sloppy & smaller ) . I'm trying to avoid going to pay the big price from toyota. I've got a '01 echo anybody else run into this problem ? What was done to fix it, I'm worried that I'll be looking for rotors here to long from now !!! And running into the same problem with them . All shim's were in place when I installed them, & took them out, because they were sloppy. Help, Dan

Reply to
odyssey

The adage "you get what you pay for" applies to auto parts as well as other things in life. I always recommend OEM parts for brakes. In my experience, using the cheapest bake parts you can find will often end up costing you more in the long run because of uneven or premature pad wear or rotor wear or damage.

Removing the shims increases the chances that you will get brake squeal or rattles. Toyota would not have put them on the original pads if they did not serve a purpose.

If you do not want to use genuine Toyota parts, then at least use a name brand aftermarket part like Raybestos, Bendix, etc.

Reply to
Ray O

Likely Toyota's OEM pads are ceramic. If you experienced little brake dust on your wheels that would confirm that point.

Richard.

Reply to
Richard

Reply to
Mark Schofield

Thanks ! There seems to be more to be looked into.... I also think the years ( the two years ) are different in size , Thanks again....

Reply to
odyssey

So what is the price of the Toyota pads vs jusk aftermarket ones that will make gobs of noise and grind ravines into your rotors? You'd be suprised at how close they will be.

Reply to
Liberals=Minority Party

Thye are not ceramic.

Reply to