Disable Corolla Seatbelt beep

Page 1 of 2
I have a 2006 Toyota Corolla CE. I desperately would like to disable the annoying beep when your seatbelt is not buckled.

The solution? Buckle your seatbelt.
---MIKE---

replying to ---MIKE---, NoMore42 wrote:

This isn't always a thing of the seatbelt. The car will beep annoyingly for other reasons: Turning on,not having the seatbelt and when you shut it off.
When you shut down the vehicle it will beep without stopping sometimes until you remove the key (which is stupid) whoever thought of this ' safety measure' should've at least used a less annoying beep.
replying to ---MIKE---, Kal wrote: My seatbelt, my car, my life, fuck yoy
"Kal" wrote in message
replying to ---MIKE---, Kal wrote: My seatbelt, my car, my life, fuck yoy

You may only need a seat belt once ... but which once.
Three 20 something students in Texas in one car accident, no seat belts. One dead two in critical/serious condition.

Ray O
correct the return address punctuation to reply
Whatever the reason all he need do is locate the enunciator and remove it.
mike

On Wed, 23 Nov 2005 14:12:06 -0500, Mike Hunter wrote:

On the newer Toyotas, some genius had the great idea of using 'relay integration.' The door buzzer, seatbelt buzzer, warning lights and a lot of critical functions that used to be separate items are now all 'integrated' into this handy little module.
Problem is, if a function you WANT to have craps out, instead of a $35 relay or similarly priced part, you now have to pay about $225 to replace the damn thing!

--
If a Vegetarian eats vegetables, what does a humanitarian eat?

Here is your solution to the annoying seatbelt alarm (works on all Toyotas, I used it on my 2005 Corolla and yes, I always use my seatbelt):
(1)    Turn the Car "ON," but do not start the engine (leave your foot off the brake, don't fasten seatbelt). Cycle your trip reset knob until it reads ODO. Turn the ignition back off. Wait a couple of seconds. (2)    Make sure your seat belt is not fastened. (3)    Turn the ignition back on, do not start the car (leave your foot off the break, don't fasten seat belt). As soon as you see everything light up, press and hold the trip reset knob and do a long 12 second count. (4)    Keep your finger on the trip reset knob. Fasten your seat belt. As soon as you fasten your seat belt, you should see the ODO display go from XXXX miles to "b-on." At that time, take your finger off the trip reset knob and it should cycle to "b-off." If it doesn't, just press the knob again until "b-off" appears. Once "b-off" appears, turn the ignition off and unfasten your seat belt. Now, when you start your car, you should hear the "normal" seatbelt beeping, then when you go over 10 mph, if your seatbelt is not fastened, it won't beep 54 times... the seatbelt signal will just continue to flash... but no more annoying beep!!
replying to Erica_0381, Leo wrote: This did not work on my 2012 corolla. Tried several times.
replying to Ray O, Stephen Sullivan wrote: I often put groceries on the passenger seat and it's often heavy enough to trigger the seat belt alarm. In there unfortunate event of an accident, milk, butter and bread might die!!!!
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Yep...quite simple...buckle it
--

-Gord.
(use gordon in email)
jmyerby wrote:

He must be a disciple of the late Representative Louis WYMAN, who decided a buzzer longer than 8 seconds would drive folks insane.
I can see our man is somebody who's gonna get Wyman'ed, and Wyman'ed real good.

Not by me certainly...it wouldn't hurt my feelings if he wipes himself out due to lack of fastening his belt.
Matter of fact I don't agree with belt legislation either...belts have nothing to do with endangering anyone else on the road except the transgressor, so fill yer boots...
--

-Gord.
(use gordon in email)

It's damned annoying, isn't it?
1) Do up the belt behind your back.
2) Go to the wreckers and cut a buckle off a belt off a Toyota there (they're prety much all the same). Insert that into the receptacle as needed.
--
TeGGeR

Is this point different on the 2006 Corolla? My '03 seat belt beeper continues for about 20 seconds and silences itself. But the red seat belt light keeps flashing indefinitly.
- Philip

The few '05 and '06 vehicles I've driven will sound the belt beeper every 15 seconds or so once vehicle speed gets up past a couple of miles per hour. It's REALLY annoying when you're in a parking lot.
--
TeGGeR

Guess I'll add that annoyance to the list of reasons my '03 Corolla will be my last new car. What a bunch of bull crap!!
-Philip

If you are injured in a car accident, the insurance company covering theat fault driver will successfully mitigate your injury claim if you weren't wearing all available belts, i.e. lap and shoulder. Translation: if you don't wear your seat belt and suffer injuries, you will collect little or nothing for personal injury from the liable driver/insurance company. Your call.