[SOLVED] Disable Corolla Seatbelt beep

I have a 2006 Toyota Corolla CE. I desperately would like to disable the annoying beep when your seatbelt is not buckled.

Reply to
jmyerby

The solution? Buckle your seatbelt.

---MIKE---

Reply to
---MIKE---

Why are you so desperate to disable the seat belt warning tone?

Reply to
Ray O

Whatever the reason all he need do is locate the enunciator and remove it.

mike

Reply to
Mike Hunter

Yep...quite simple...buckle it

Reply to
Gord Beaman

He must be a disciple of the late Representative Louis WYMAN, who decided a buzzer longer than 8 seconds would drive folks insane.

I can see our man is somebody who's gonna get Wyman'ed, and Wyman'ed real good.

Reply to
Built_Well

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@g44g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

It's damned annoying, isn't it?

1) Do up the belt behind your back.

2) Go to the wreckers and cut a buckle off a belt off a Toyota there (they're prety much all the same). Insert that into the receptacle as needed.

Reply to
TeGGeR®

THis isn't so easy any more, Mike.

On the newer Toyotas, some genius had the great idea of using 'relay integration.' The door buzzer, seatbelt buzzer, warning lights and a lot of critical functions that used to be separate items are now all 'integrated' into this handy little module.

Problem is, if a function you WANT to have craps out, instead of a $35 relay or similarly priced part, you now have to pay about $225 to replace the damn thing!

Reply to
Hachiroku

Not by me certainly...it wouldn't hurt my feelings if he wipes himself out due to lack of fastening his belt.

Matter of fact I don't agree with belt legislation either...belts have nothing to do with endangering anyone else on the road except the transgressor, so fill yer boots...

Reply to
Gord Beaman

Is this point different on the 2006 Corolla? My '03 seat belt beeper continues for about 20 seconds and silences itself. But the red seat belt light keeps flashing indefinitly.

- Philip

Reply to
Philip

"Philip" wrote in news:Lhdhf.2989$ snipped-for-privacy@newsread2.news.atl.earthlink.net:

The few '05 and '06 vehicles I've driven will sound the belt beeper every

15 seconds or so once vehicle speed gets up past a couple of miles per hour. It's REALLY annoying when you're in a parking lot.
Reply to
TeGGeR®

Guess I'll add that annoyance to the list of reasons my '03 Corolla will be my last new car. What a bunch of bull crap!!

-Philip

Reply to
Philip

If you are injured in a car accident, the insurance company covering theat fault driver will successfully mitigate your injury claim if you weren't wearing all available belts, i.e. lap and shoulder. Translation: if you don't wear your seat belt and suffer injuries, you will collect little or nothing for personal injury from the liable driver/insurance company. Your call.

Reply to
Sharx35

"Sharx35" wrote: snip

Is that correct?...I hope so, it's the way it should be for sure and is another reason that it SHOULDN'T be mandated by law.

Let's keep the Gov't out of our lives as much as is prudent.

Reply to
Gord Beaman

It is disabled by taking the shiny thing and plugging it into the little slot provided.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

Here is your solution to the annoying seatbelt alarm (works on all Toyotas, I used it on my 2005 Corolla and yes, I always use my seatbelt):

(1) Turn the Car "ON," but do not start the engine (leave your foot off the brake, don't fasten seatbelt). Cycle your trip reset knob until it reads ODO. Turn the ignition back off. Wait a couple of seconds. (2) Make sure your seat belt is not fastened. (3) Turn the ignition back on, do not start the car (leave your foot off the break, don't fasten seat belt). As soon as you see everything light up, press and hold the trip reset knob and do a long

12 second count. (4) Keep your finger on the trip reset knob. Fasten your seat belt. As soon as you fasten your seat belt, you should see the ODO display go from XXXX miles to "b-on." At that time, take your finger off the trip reset knob and it should cycle to "b-off." If it doesn't, just press the knob again until "b-off" appears. Once "b-off" appears, turn the ignition off and unfasten your seat belt. Now, when you start your car, you should hear the "normal" seatbelt beeping, then when you go over 10 mph, if your seatbelt is not fastened, it won't beep 54 times... the seatbelt signal will just continue to flash... but no more annoying beep!!
Reply to
Erica_0381

[...]

This isn't always a thing of the seatbelt. The car will beep annoyingly for other reasons: Turning on,not having the seatbelt and when you shut it off.

When you shut down the vehicle it will beep without stopping sometimes until you remove the key (which is stupid) whoever thought of this ' safety measure' should've at least used a less annoying beep.

Reply to
NoMore42

replying to ---MIKE---, Kal wrote: My seatbelt, my car, my life, f*ck yoy

Reply to
Kal