Disable Corolla Seatbelt beep

Threaded View

I have a 2006 Toyota Corolla CE. I desperately would like to disable
the annoying beep when your seatbelt is not buckled.

Re: Disable Corolla Seatbelt beep

The solution?  Buckle  your seatbelt.

                  ---MIKE---
 >> (44=B0 15'  N - Elevation 1580')

Re: Disable Corolla Seatbelt beep

Why are you so desperate to disable the seat belt warning tone?
--
Ray O
correct the return address punctuation to reply

Re: Disable Corolla Seatbelt beep

Whatever the reason all he need do is locate the enunciator and remove it.

mike

Re: Disable Corolla Seatbelt beep

THis isn't so easy any more, Mike.

On the newer Toyotas, some genius had the great idea of using 'relay
integration.' The door buzzer, seatbelt buzzer, warning lights and a lot
of critical functions that used to be separate items are now all
'integrated' into this handy little module.

Problem is, if a function you WANT to have craps out, instead of a $35
relay or similarly priced part, you now have to pay about $225 to replace
the damn thing!

If a Vegetarian eats vegetables, what does a humanitarian eat?

Re: Disable Corolla Seatbelt beep

Here is your solution to the annoying seatbelt alarm (works on all
Toyotas, I used it on my 2005 Corolla and yes, I always use my
seatbelt):

(1)    Turn the Car "ON," but do not start the engine (leave your foot
off the brake, don't fasten seatbelt).  Cycle your trip reset knob
until it reads ODO.  Turn the ignition back off.  Wait a couple of
seconds.
(2)    Make sure your seat belt is not fastened.
(3)    Turn the ignition back on, do not start the car (leave your foot
off the break, don't fasten seat belt).  As soon as you see
everything light up, press and hold the trip reset knob and do a long
12 second count.
(4)    Keep your finger on the trip reset knob.  Fasten your seat belt.
As soon as you fasten your seat belt, you should see the ODO display go
from XXXX miles to "b-on."  At that time, take your finger off the
trip reset knob and it should cycle to "b-off."  If it doesn't,
just press the knob again until "b-off" appears.  Once "b-off"
appears, turn the ignition off and unfasten your seat belt.  Now, when
you start your car, you should hear the "normal" seatbelt beeping,
then when you go over 10 mph, if your seatbelt is not fastened, it
won't beep 54 times... the seatbelt signal will just continue to
flash... but no more annoying beep!!

Re: Disable Corolla Seatbelt beep

Yep...quite simple...buckle it
--

-Gord.
(use gordon in email)

Re: Disable Corolla Seatbelt beep

     He must be a disciple of the late Representative
Louis WYMAN, who decided a buzzer longer than 8 seconds
would drive folks insane.

     I can see our man is somebody who's gonna get
Wyman'ed, and Wyman'ed real good.

Re: Disable Corolla Seatbelt beep

Not by me certainly...it wouldn't hurt my feelings if he wipes
himself out due to lack of fastening his belt.

Matter of fact I don't agree with belt legislation either...belts
have nothing to do with endangering anyone else on the road
except the transgressor, so fill yer boots...
--

-Gord.
(use gordon in email)

Re: Disable Corolla Seatbelt beep

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote in

It's damned annoying, isn't it?

1) Do up the belt behind your back.

2) Go to the wreckers and cut a buckle off a belt off a Toyota there
(they're prety much all the same). Insert that into the receptacle as
needed.

--
TeGGeR®

Re: Disable Corolla Seatbelt beep

Is this point different on the 2006 Corolla?   My '03 seat belt
beeper continues for about 20 seconds and silences itself.  But
the red seat belt light keeps flashing indefinitly.

    - Philip

Re: Disable Corolla Seatbelt beep

The few '05 and '06 vehicles I've driven will sound the belt beeper every
15 seconds or so once vehicle speed gets up past a couple of miles per
hour. It's REALLY annoying when you're in a parking lot.

--
TeGGeR®

Re: Disable Corolla Seatbelt beep

Guess I'll add that annoyance to the list of reasons my '03 Corolla will be
my last new car.  What a bunch of bull crap!!

-Philip

Re: Disable Corolla Seatbelt beep

If you are injured in a car accident, the insurance company covering theat
fault driver will successfully mitigate your injury claim if you weren't
wearing all available belts, i.e. lap and shoulder. Translation:  if you
don't wear your seat belt and suffer injuries, you will collect little or
nothing for personal injury from the liable driver/insurance company. Your
call.

Re: Disable Corolla Seatbelt beep

 snip
Is that correct?...I hope so, it's the way it should be for sure
and is another reason that it SHOULDN'T be mandated by law.

Let's keep the Gov't out of our lives as much as is prudent.
--

-Gord.
(use gordon in email)

Re: Disable Corolla Seatbelt beep

It is disabled by taking the shiny thing and plugging it into the little
slot provided.

[...]

Site Timeline