Does AC light on matter?

This question was asked before but I really like to make sure that I did not misunderstand it.

The 04 Sequoia limited has auto climate control-ACC. By choosing ACC, the AC light under it also comes on at the same time, I was wondering if that AC light indicates AC is really working no matter what outside temperature is?

I got an answer saying the AC light does not mean it is using AC (compressor) but I also read in a Mazda3 group. They are talking about some Mazda3 is way below EPA gas mileage b/c of its ACC. And in that case, MAzda3's AC light on does mean the AC is working to defrost...

What about Toyota design? Are they applying the same algorithm?

Thanks

Reply to
harry

I recommend using the auto feature in your Sequoia - just push the "auto" button and let the system figure out what to do for you. The light on the AC button will be illuminated, and that means that the system will engage or disengage the AC compressor as conditions warrant. If you turn off the light on the AC button, the system will not engage the AC, even if conditions warrant having the compressor on.

Reply to
Ray O