Door Light Wiring

Hey All,

A mate of mine got some neon lights fitted under the driver and passenger of his polo, and he wired them through the door light switches so when he opens his doors the neon's light up.

My question is: Does anyone know where the wiring for the doors switches are in a 98 celica or how I would go about doing the same?

and secondly, is this alot of work for nothing?

Regards

Michael

Reply to
Michael

The wiring for the door switches will be in the "B" pillar, probably coming up from the door sill. To access, remove the interior trim from the "B" pillar.

Reply to
Ray O

Ref the last question......if you are over 18, i would say yes!

Reply to
David J

Aw, c'mon! I'm over 40 and I like the idea! (Only lighting up when the door is open, that is!)

Reply to
Hachiroku

Be aware that by hooking into the door switch, you are switching GROUND, not voltage.

You can also tap into the fuse block. What this will do is, when you open ANY door on the car, the neons will light up. IIRC, this is also a GROUND switched connection. So, you will want to have the +12V wire connected to a constant voltage supply, and the -(Ground) wire connected to the door switches.

Reply to
Hachiroku

Depends what you're trying to achieve, doesn't it? ;-)

Reply to
Andrew Stephenson

If you gotta ask ...

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

Yes I gotta ask

Reply to
Michael

Buy the toyota manual for your car. It's got the entre wiring diagram and, once you have it, you'll find hundreds of other reasons why having it is a good thing[tm].

Reply to
Gary L. Burnore