Door rattle - Avalon

recently purchased 02 Avalon

Passenger door has a slight rattle when I hit a bump

Hard for me to tell exactly where it comes from, and my passengers are not that perceptive.

I found this in a VW group

"Take Armor-All or Son of a Gun protectant and spray on the rubber door seal that is on the frame of the car."

does this make sense? Any other things I can try?

TIA

Reply to
pm

First, check the flip-out storage compartment to make sure nothing is rattling around the compartment. If it only happens when nobody is occupying the front seat, check to see if the seat belt latch is banging against the B-pillar.

If these are not the case, the inner door panel may have to come apart. If the window was ever broken, whoever replaced the glass may not have gotten all of the pieces out of the inside of the door.

The Armor-All trick works if a vehicle flexes a lot, which the Avalon does not. That said, some kind of rubber protectant or silicone spray on the rubber door seals will help prevent freezing/sticking in winter.

Reply to
Ray O