Driver side rear door does not cause dome light to light

Opening the driverside rear door on my '91 Camry does not cause the dome light to come on.

Where is the switch and how is it exposed for testing with an ohmmeter/voltmeter ?

Thanks, de Vince

Reply to
Vince

I've had similar proplems to this before with my 94 Camry. The switch is probably dirty and the contacts can't touch each other.

Open your door and find the switch, which is probably covered up by a rubber boot. Take it apart and unscrew it from the car body to clean it with contact cleaner.

Reply to
badgolferman

Before you remove the switch, peel back the boot and give the switch a shot of WD-40 and make sure the plunger moves in and out.

Reply to
Ray O

I find myself having to do what Ray said every 6 or 10 months to one door or another. It's an easy fix.

Reply to
Reasoned Insanity