DTC Code P0155

Just got a check engine light on my 2000 3.0L Sienna Van. The nice people at AutoZone pulled the DTC code and found a P0155 O2 Sensor Heater Circuit Malfunction (Bank 2 Sensor 1).

Is this a big problem or a little one to fix? Am I looking at a $50 or a $500 fix? I get the impression that the car is Ok to drive for a while with the possible loss of some fuel economy. Is this correct?

TIA, Jim

Reply to
james.steelman

This is a moderate problem to fix, probably around $300 for a dealer to fix, about half that if you buy the part and replace it yourself. The car is OK to drive for a while with the problem.

If you want to fix the problem yourself, the first step is to check the O2 sensor heater circuit. For $10/day, you can access the factory service manual at techinfo.toyota.com and you can download the section on checking the O2 sensor heater circuit. You will need a volt/ohm meter to do the check. I'm pretty sure that Bank 2 is the front side of the car, and the O2 sensor will be a silver cylindrical thing sticking out of the exhaust manifold with some wires connected. If the O2 sensor heater circuit tests bad, you can go to your local Toyota dealer, purchase the part, and replace it yourself. Replacement require unscrewing the old sensor and screwing the new one in and replacing the connector.

Reply to
Ray O