Echo engine check lite on after fuel injector cleaned .

My daughter got her Echo fuel injector cleaned at a Mr Lube and now the engine check lite is on. The car seems to run fine etc, Is there any way to reset this short of talking it to the dealer.

Reply to
David Wells

The suggestion to remove the postive terminal for a few minutes did the trick on my daughters 2002 echo. Thank you all for the suggestions.

David

Reply to
David Wells

Dave,

You really should take advantage of the data port and the diagnostic tool. It will tell you WHY the light came on, and it will also reset the light without clearing the stored radio stations.

Ask at your neighborhood auto parts store if they will allow you to use the OBD II Diagnostic Tool. Many parts stores have a variety of specialized tools that you need once in a life time, and you can check these tools out - similar to checking a book out from the library. It costs nothing to do this, and the diagnostic tool can tell you lots of stuff that might be going on.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland