Electric window service

Is there any recommended service interval and procedure for Toyota electric windows.

Vehicle is a 1996 Toyota Corona (AT211)

Reply to
FantomFan

When it breaks?

About all you can do is spray the regulator and the slides with something like lithium grease.

Reply to
Hachiroku

No, there is no recommended service interval or procedure for Toyota power windows. Keep the tracks that the window slides in clean, and perhaps with a very thin coating of silicone spray.

Reply to
Ray O

To the kids:

STOP PLAYING WITH THE WINDOWS! (Option: whap!)

That's about it. :-)

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Thanks.

Might have to pull the door trims and see what it looks like in there as it sounds pretty dry on a couple.

Reply to
FantomFan

Main problem with this option is the 'kid' that likes playing with them the most would probably WHAP!! me back.

I've even tried the lock switch but then he just starts playing with other stuff like the radio.

Reply to
FantomFan

You've got to learn the Look of Death. :-) It works until they're about 14. Then, it's a free-for-all.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Problem solved!!!

Hachiroku