Electrical Short

I have a 1989 Toyota Supra Non Turbo.

The problem; The tail light indicator, brake indicator and battery indicator are all on. The battery drains if I use any electrical. The lights flicker when I raised and lower idle. The cars starts without any problems. I can't get the lights to go out and the battery to stay charged. I did find that water was getting in the rear hatch somehow. Any suggestions.

Reply to
gaskinsce

First, measure alternator output to make sure it is charging the battery.

If the alternator output is OK, then check for a draw when the engine is shut off. Draw should not be more than a few milliamps. If you are getting more than a few milliamps draw, then check:

Any aftermarket equipment like fog lights, audio systems, alarms, remote starters, GPS, etc. Improper installation of aftermarket equipment is the most common cause of parasitic draws.

Check to make sure the dome lights, glove box lights, under hood lights, etc. are not stuck on.

Reply to
Ray O

Thanks, still having the same problem. Checked all options you posted, no aftermarket items.

Curtis

Reply to
gaskinsce