engine compatibility question

I have a complete Toyota 2200 16 valve engine that came out of a (i believe 1995) MR2. The engine has very low miles and i was wondering what models used the

2200 16 valve engine. Did the mid 90's Celica GT have this engine as well?

Thanks in advance.

walt

Reply to
wallster

Not sure, I think so, and I think it is used in the Solara and some Camrys as well.

Reply to
Hachiroku

The engine was indeed used in the Celica GT's. The Camry has a similar engine. The Camry's was balance-shafted and gave up 5hp. I'm not sure but I believe the 2WD pickups used the same block with a different tuning (for more low-end torque).

Reply to
Viperkiller

The engine is a 3S-GE, 2.2L. Celica All-Trac's used the 3S-GTE, or the turbo'd version. The Toyota Altezza uses a 2L version.

Off of the engine code 3S-GE, you should be able to find lists of the vehicles that used it.

Reply to
Typrus via CarKB.com

Actually the 3S-GE is the 2.0L engine they used on the Celica from

1986-1989. The 2.2L is the 5S-FE.
Reply to
Viperkiller