Extended warranty for Camry 2003

My basic warranty for Camry 2003 (about 23,700 miles) is about to expire in Aug/Sept of this year.

I am looking for extended warranty. I asked my local Toyota dealer and they use an outfit called JM&A Group, seems to be too small for my taste. Do you know the largest provider of such warranties and the longest in the business, Toyota or other makes? I assume Toyota itself does not provide extended warranties, is it correct?

Reply to
maruk2

Toyota sells (through its dealers) a warranty that can be used at any Toyota dealership. You dealer sells it also, but it probably is not as profitable to them as their own extended warranty from JM&A Group.

But all extended warranties are profitable for the people who sell them, so you should probably evaluate the condition of your car and your maintenance record before purchasing one.

If you want the Toyota extended warranty (not sure if you can still purchase it right before the regular warranty expires) there are some Toyota dealers who sell them on-line at a discount such as the following:

Mark A

JM&A Group is related to Southeast Toyota Distributors.

The largest provider of such extended service contracts and the longest in the business are not necessarily the ones that will provide the best coverage. IMO, your best bet is Toyota Extra Care, which is a wholly owned subsidiary of Toyota Motor Sales. It has the backing of the most financially sound automaker in the world and has few loopholes.

Reply to
Ray O

For what it's worth . . . I wouldn't buy one.

It's a Camry. The likelyhood of hav> My basic warranty for Camry 2003 (about 23,700 miles) is about to

Reply to
donnoble