fast blinker only when lights are on

My right blicker on my 99 Camry blinks twice as fast when the lights are on. If the lights are off it blinks at a normal rate.

What could that be?

Thanks

Reply to
Hank

have you checked all the bulbs? probably have one burnt out.

Reply to
: P

usually that is an indicator that the light is about to go out...

Reply to
GO Mavs

Check for burned out lamps, yes - but it's more likely that the lamp base to lamp-holder grounds or the lampholder ground wires to the body grounding point are the cause.

The open ground to one of the lamps with the tail lights off lets the turn-signal light power backfeed through the tail light filament and get to ground at the other tail lights - in that case you'll see that one light works a little dimmer than the others during the day, and will not work at all with the tail lights on. It will blink OFF in rhythm with the flasher.

You need to clean off the bottom pins and sides of the lamp bases and clean out the lamp sockets with a fine wire brush (With The Power Off!!) and coat the base of each lamp with a little dab of special dielectric corrosion control grease compound, available at good auto parts stores.

Then you find the main grounding points to the chassis where they bring all the wiring harness ground wires to - one is under the hood, another for the passenger compartment stuff is under the cowl panel ahead of the front door. Make sure the screw is tight and clean, and nothing is pulling on one of the wires to break it at the lug.

-->--

Reply to
Bruce L. Bergman

I've had this bad ground situation with my front blinkers for a couple of years now, and am too lazy to clean up the bulbs and assure the ground, so when it happens on either side, I just leave the blinkers flashing, and whack the fender next to the lamp with the flat of my hand, and presto! the blinker starts blinking normally again. My whack seems to last a month or two and then back to square one.

Reply to
mack

Your wife is also glad that your whacking takes care of your needs for a month or so--save her NON-LIEbrawl hands from being soiled by your purulent LIEbrawl cum.

Reply to
sharx35

Go play in the traffic, scumbag.

Reply to