finding installed options by VIN number

I seem to remember that one could get a list of all the factory installed option codes by using the VIN number, is this possible? Where?

Ron in Ca

Reply to
ron

You should be able to get a copy of the information on the window sticker that came with the car or truck from a dealer or the automaker. The automakers keep a database of all the different cars they produced after a certain date, which is before I had white hair (well maybe not that far back).

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff

Contact Toyota customer relations from their web site or call 1-800-331-4331 (IIRC), read them the VIN, and ask for options.

Reply to
Ray O

You can also go to the service department and have a report printed for you showing everything the car was delivered with.

Reply to
qslim

I have the window sticker. It doesn't show TO (tow option) - the salesman says that is strange as they never (or hardly ever) order anything w/o tow prep - it is HOT up here and extra cooling is good to have.

Mine is a limited and apparently he says all 08 Highlanders EXCEPT the base

2wd are all tow prep from factory, same as Tundra is - and no one was told...
Reply to
ron