Follow up on overheated '90 CAMRY

Sometime ago I wrote in asking advice for my GF with the looks great but needs engine work due to overheating 1990 Camry. The advice, basically, came down to "don't bother fixing it." Well, last night she came home with a new top-of-the-line V6 Camry. It was a group victory for those of you who wrote in, me, and her two sons.

Thanks.

Now, what do I do with the old one? I think that I'll just spend $1500 for a J J-Y E and sell it as a great car, which it will be.

Karl

Now my B-I-L wants to know of a good Toyota mechanic in the San Diego area.

Reply to
midlant

it is a 15 year old car, throw it away.

mrcheerful

Reply to
mrcheerful

My "daily driver" is a stick 1964 Studebaker Commander w/o AC. I'm in San Diego and it would be nice to have for hot days or a back-up.

Karl

Reply to
midlant

Find a good used engine, swap it in, put in a fresh radiator, and then either drive the wheels off it or sell it. Now that she has a new car, downtime while doing the work is not a problem.

-->--

Reply to
Bruce L. Bergman