For God's Sake...STEP ON THE ACCELERATOR!!!!!!!!!!

Add another to the Stupid Prius Owner file:

Lady pulls out onto a state highway (simple two-lane, old road from Pittsfield to Boston) and sees a Ford F-350 bearing down on her. She pulled out with plenty of time, all she had to do was get up to speed, a posted 55 MPH. Now, thanks to the mix of electric and gas motors, the Prius is NOT a slow car! It can really get up and go.

So what does this genius do? SLOWS DOWN, hits the turn signal, gets in the breakdown lane, and coasts along at 20 MPH with her emergency flashers on.

Wow. Double Jeopardy...a WOMAN driving a PRIUS...

Wonder if she caused this:

Initial reports said a car merging onto the highway caused the tanker to jacknife.

Reply to
Hachiroku

"Hachiroku ????">

And you're twice divorced. Imagine that.

:-P

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll®

Prius should be exempted from the speed limit, people who buy prius should drive faster since they dont have to worry about mpg. =)

Reply to
EdV

I like this thought..... Tomes

Reply to
Tomes

Could have been driving any car doing this... Tomes

Reply to
Tomes

I'm guessing it was an old fart, because whenever it's safe to look into the window of a car which does that, I see an old fart. Since the police write speeding tickets to generate money, their assignment should be changed. They should be ticketing people like that for reckless driving and failure to obey the minimum posted speed. They could write them all day long, and they could certainly pull them over without a high speed chase. Enough points and those old farts would lose their licenses eventually.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

She wasn't THAT old! Maybe late 40's, early 50's.

My guess is she's trying to squeeze that 48MPG out of the car, at the expense of causing traffic problems.

This seems to affect Prius and Honda Hybrid drivers...

Reply to
Hachiroku

No, it's mostly Prius and Honda Hybrid drivers trying to save fuel...

I see it all the time being on the road all day.

Reply to
Hachiroku

But they DO! That's why they driver SLOWER!

I wish they would take advantage of the technology and FLOOR IT!!!!

Reply to
Hachiroku

Gee, that was just about the response I expected from you!!! ;)

Reply to
Hachiroku

Give that man a cee-gar. Being behind one like this happened to me again today.

Incredible.

Reply to
witfal

She was the poster girl for yet another failure of parents to teach their children.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

I used to respect you! Twice divorced? You don't learn very fast, do you. hehehehe

Jack

Reply to
Retired VIP

Wickeddoll® wrote:

Actually, the only thing I don't like about Hachi is that he smokes. But then, I have a weakness for guys from western Massachusetts.

:-)

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll®

Aging Berkshire hippies???

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

"JoeSpareBedroom" .

My very right-leaning hubby is hardly a hippie. LOL

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll®

And again today! These people should either get with the program and STEP ON THE GAS, or take the bus like God intended.

And then there's the bumper stickers or the peace sign. if it's a woman, a Prius, and somesort of Moonbat bumper sticker, I pull in somewhere and wait it out.

They think they're saving something, but if it's cold, or hot, or snowing or raining the drain on the electrical system causes the gas motor to run much more than the electric motor. The electric motor then only kicks in from stop lights or for additional acceleration. Get it? ACCELERATION!!!!

Reply to
Hachiroku

LOL! Well, the second one was good; I was the one upsetting the applecart there.

Like I told someone in the Subaru group: he is also a bass player who is on his way to singlehood again. He was thinking about looking for Number 2.

I told him to look for one of these instead:

Hachiroku

The one thing I can't give up. Weed was easy, drinking was easy, smoking still hangs in...

As far as Western Mass, I'm afraid we aren't *ALL* Captain Tripods!!! ;)

Reply to
Hachiroku

Close...I lived there for 3 years and worked there for 6.

Reply to
Hachiroku