Ford Taurus: The Dreadful End

You thought wrong ;)

mike

Reply to
Mike Hunter

I just priced a 2008 XLE 4 cylinder at Toyota.com and it maxes out at $28,627 (based on installed options of inventory near my zip code).

Nevertheless, I will admit that the "average" Camry buyer gets a LE 4 cylinder, which is still substantially more money at about 22K (and much nicer car) than the "average" Ford Fusion that is sold (a 4 cyl SE goes for $18,360). In addtion, Fords are discounted more heavily than a Toyota off of their respective MSRP prices, so the real difference is probably closer to $5,000.

I drove a Fusion rental recently, and thought it was similar in "class" to a Corolla or Civic. I am not talking about interior volume when I say class, but subjectively I did not think the Fusion was as large inside as a Camry. I prefer to drive my 98 Camry XLE V6 over a

2007 Fusion (unless I could sell it).
Reply to
Mark A

Maybe. You didn't prove otherwise. ;)