front bumper

I had yesterday an unfortunate incident with my echo. It seems my front bumper is dented in two places, and a little bit bent on the right side. I don't know what are my options now. Is it possible to repair it somehow, or I have to change it ? And how much would amount each of these options (it is a keyed front bumper for a sedan) ? Anybody with a similar problem ? Thank you, Calin

Reply to
calinbrezeanu

You have 3 options:

1) Live with the bumper in its current condition 2) Remove the bumper skin and heat the affected areas carefully with a heat gun or hair drier and try to push out the affected areas. The results may or may not be acceptable to you. If the skin is creased or the paint is cracked, scratched, or scuffed, then some damage will still be visible. 3) Replace the bumper skin. You can A) have a body shop do the entire repair; B) you can order the bumper cover from a Toyota dealer, take it to a body shop and have them paint it, and replace it yourself; or C) see if a local junkyard happens to have the correct color and model in stock.
Reply to
Ray O