fuel injection flush 2002 corolla ce & removal of center dash

Is it possible to do the fuel injection flush without going to the dealer? Secondly is it possible to remove the center dash completely?

Wajahat

Reply to
Wajahat Qadeer

"Wajahat Qadeer" wrote in news:d9q670$8n9$ snipped-for-privacy@news.Stanford.EDU:

Sure. Anybody using the Motorvac system can do it.

do you want to? Did you fail smog?

Absolutely. A bunch of screws, tabs and pins is all that holds it together. Some mechanical aptitude and sleuthing will have it apart in no time. Usually goes from rear to front.

Reply to
TeGGeR®

Thanks for your reply. I did not fail the smog test but when I went to the dealer for my car's 60k maintenance he said that I should also have the fuel injection flushed so was just thinking that it is possible to do it urself rather than goign to the dealer

Secondly, is there any online thingy which describes how to remove the center dash?

Wajahat

Reply to
Wajahat Qadeer

"Wajahat Qadeer" wrote in news:d9qsl7$gqc$ snipped-for-privacy@news.Stanford.EDU:

Don't bother. You probably have zero deposits anyway, what with the high quality of today's gasolines, and with the mileage you drive.

If you really want to "do something nice" for your baby, It'll be cheaper and just as effective to run some high-octane through the injectors for a few tanks. Chevron's Techron additive is supposed to be good, and is both sold in bottles in stores, and is blended into their gasolines.

There is some evidence (in the Gasoline FAQ and various newspaper articles I've read) that the higher octanes contain more and better detergents than

87 octane.

you can download for ten bucks a day. Go get the relevant pages from the 2002 shop manual.

Reply to
TeGGeR®