fuel pump relay chatering

i put a new head gasket on my 87 supra and when i hooked the battery up the fuel pump relay chatters and the check engine light is on when key is off cranks over fine has no spark ether iv ckecked all my conections and the only thing i can think of is the ecu is bad any suggestions whould be appriciated thanks

Reply to
joshjd37

Some punctuation would make your question and the information you provide much easier to understand.

Does the fuel pump relay chatter and the check engine light come on when the key is off? Or, does it chatter all only when you are engaging the starter?

Have you checked to make sure that the battery is properly grounded?

What is battery voltage?

Reply to
Ray O