fuel pump replacement '92 toy pu

I replaced the fuel pump on my '92 toy pu.

Now it won't start.

any ideas?

j.

Reply to
A faint wind, blowing from Wor

"A faint wind, blowing from World's End" wrote in message news:VYR8f.4946$ snipped-for-privacy@newssvr22.news.prodigy.net...

Did you wire the pump up properly?

Stewart DIBBS

Reply to
Stewart DIBBS

"A faint wind, blowing from World's End" wrote in message news:VYR8f.4946$ snipped-for-privacy@newssvr22.news.prodigy.net...

Always begin by checking the basics: air, fuel, spark at the appropriate times. Since you replaced the fuel pump, is there power to the pump? I believe the engine needs to be turning over for power to be delivered to the pump. If no power at the pump, check the fuel pump relay, fuse, and wiring.

Check for spark. While the spark plug is out, can you smell fuel on it?

Reply to
Ray O

Don't tell your wife...

Reply to
Gord Beaman

Ok

Checked spark ok

sprayed starter fluid into intake, car would start and run for a few seconds

took loose hose from tank no gas flowing

checked pump outside tank by connectin wires to battery, it spun.

where is the pump relay?

j.

Reply to
A faint wind, blowing from Wor

Just a wild guess, check the fuse box under the hood.

Reply to
Ray O