Garage Floor, part II

After looking at 30 years of debris in the garage, I decided to clean it up. This isn't the garage where I park my Supra, but the other garage attached to the front of the house.

What a chore! I am notorious for not following through on things, and this is NOT a job you want to start and not finish!

Aftercleaning the floor with a good sweeping and vacuuming, I put down some degreaser and swabbed the deck, then rinsed and let dry. This morning there were still a few spots, so I went to Home Depot and found some Behr degreaser and Behr Etcher to be used prior to painting. READ THE DIRECTIONS!!!

The degreaser worked better than the stuff I used yesterday, and I rinsed it off and then started etching. I did two etchings and am now waiting for the floor to dry so I can lay down the primer. I started yesterday, and will probably finish tomorrow, and then be able to put the car back in Wednesday.

I have pics of every step, I'll either put them in a.b.i.f or maybe set up a web page for those that may want to try it...

Then, after this, I do my garage...

Reply to
Hachiroku

How much do you charge? :-)

Reply to
Viperkiller

I have two garages, one in the front that rarely sees grease or oil, and one in the basement that I park my Toyota Sieve...er, Supra...

I'm getting ready to paint the upper one today. All the prep I documanted with a camera was done on this one. The lower one has a LOT of grease and oil to get rid of, and then etched again, etc...not looking forward to it.

So, the short answer is, unless your garage never gets over 62 degrees, I don't think you can afford me! And even if it doesn't, you still can't! ;)

Remember. I'm a desk jockey by trade. I always though Manuel Labhor was the President of Mexico!

Reply to
Hachiroku

Looking forward to the photos. I might follow your example and do my garage. Thanks. jor

Reply to
jor