German Cars always win...

in Germany at least!

Hello folks,

What is it with the objectiveness in german car magazines? Here always the german cars win the tests. Or does that mean the german cars are really best in the world?

How would it look in a japanese car magazine if there would be a comparing test with, lets say, Toyota, Honda, Audi, BMW and others? Would the Japanese let their cars always win too?

Reply to
Michael Westphal

Not based on the Volkswagen I had, or the Volkswagens 3 of my friends own.

Maybe they can smoke my Hachiroku, if they don't go up in smoke first...

Reply to
Hachiroku

Best at what? Germany has unlimited speed Autobahn's hence cars are engineered to accommodate that higher speed. They do not last longer, get better gas mileage or are less expensive. They are fun to drive. I love Porsche, Mercedes, BMW but ouch the repair costs --- 5 times cost of Toyota and 3x more frequent. Look in Consumer Reports at their comparisons - Asin cars are all at the top and many German cars are on the "used cars to avoid list" --- like Audi, VW new bug!

Reply to
Wolfgang