GM plant closings

My thoughts go out to those who will lose their jobs when GM starts closing plants. Some of these plants are the major employer in an area, so not only will new jobs be hard to find, but an exodus of people may hurt home values of people who may NEED to sell.

On the flip side, can you imagine buying a vehicle (or a vehicle with an engine from a closing engine plant) that came from a plant where the morale has been totally destroyed?

I know I'd have a tough time caring if I knew my employment, in some cases, long-term employment was ending.

Reply to
B a r r y

That would pretty much describe U.S. - headquartered auto plants, now wouldn't it?

Reply to
Travis Jordan

My Toyota is from a US plant. If the morale sucks in that plant, it certainly didn't affect the product.

Reply to
B a r r y

Toyota isn't U.S. - headquartered.

Reply to
Travis Jordan

It seems someone stopped caring about quality years ago. I had a GM car with

electrical problems - most fixed under warranty. I followed and "idiot" last night. He was driving without lights at night and cutting people off without signaling. Only he wasn't an "idiot" - he was driving a GM SUV with only one working light, fortunately it was a headlight. All of the other lights - signals, brake, running lights were non-functional. A fine GM product, made with pride by dedicated employees - NOT!

Reply to
ma_twain