GM Vows to Defend Title Against Toyota

Here we go again with the, GM does not make stuff people want crap. Where do you Toyota buyers get that goofy idea? GM , Toyota and every other manufacturer is making good vehicles today, vehicles that people want to buy. People have different needs and want different things.

The fact is there were over 4.5 million people, in the US in 2006 that wanted what GM had to sell right now. That was more than a million more than the next manufacturer Ford, and over two million more than Toyota, sold in 2006. Obviously more people wanted GM vehicles than they want Ford and Toyota vehicles. Perhaps you should say Toyota does not make vehicles people want? ;)

mike

Reply to
Mike Hunter

It probably comes from the folks who have actually owned GM vehicles and have been very displeased with how poorly the vehicles held up. Or maybe it comes from the people who bought GM vehicles and and were treated poorly by GM when their intake manifold gaskets starte leaking year after year after year. And GM would never admit there was a problem.

GM , Toyota and every other

Bullshit. If GM was doing as well as you say why is there so much talk about them going out of bussiness????? Why are they losing so much money each quarter ????????

People have different needs and want different things.

I think you have your figures a little mixed up but you never let facts get in the way, right ? You seem to use the phrase " in the US " , why is that ? Would that be because in WORLD SALES GM was just able to beat Toyota by a few cars but Toyota beat everyone else? And Toyota is predicted to be number one in world sales for 2007. Perhaps YOU should say Ford and GM do not make vehicles people want ?????

Reply to
Mike

You are free to believe whatever you want but in the US GM and Ford outsold Toyota and every other import in 2006, whether you agree or not. Obviously millions more buyers in the US prefer GM vehicles over any others so to say they do not build vehicles people want is just stupid. LOL

mike

Reply to
Mike Hunter

From the mere fact that NO ONE is BUYING them?

I'd say voting with your feet by running away from GM dealers is a pretty decent testimonial, don't you?

Why the HELL do you think they're in trouble, Mike?!?! Because GM cars are flying out the doors as fast as possible?

LOL!!!! Read the news!!!

Reply to
Hachiroku

Source?

Reply to
Hachiroku

Really? Read the papers, GM sold over 4.5 million of them in the US in

2006. At a rate nearly twice that of Toyota in 2006 LOL

mike

Reply to
Mike Hunter

The same source he gets all his info from, he pulls it out of his ass.

Reply to
Mike

Then why are they in trouble?

Reply to
Hachiroku

I tend to believe facts over your make it up as you go. If you follow this link and scroll half way down the page you see see stock quotes for the big 4.

Now let's see who is doing well and who is not. Ford leads the way ( leads as in coming from the basement) with a whopping 7.73. No, that is not a typo. (Really doing great huh Mike Hunter ) GM is next at 30.58 ( Pretty good compared to Ford ) DC at 61.01 Not bad !! And the low selling Toyota stock is at 133.97 Wow, someone must be buying Toyota's

If you click on the stock name you can view a 3 year chart. Ford is on a steady decline for 3 years straight, must be because their cars are in such demand, huh Mike Hunter.

Now you are free to believe in your fairy tales. Go crawl back under your rock.

Reply to
Mike

How many of those "millions more" buyers were fleets and rental companies?

Reply to
B A R R Y

Actually, the two best selling vehicles came from Ford & GM, the Ford F-Series pickup, and the Chevrolet Silverado pickup. Probably not a lot of fleet sales. For the remaining vehicles on the list, there were a lot of fleet sales of the GM cars, and some fleet sales of Camry and Corolla.

  1. Toyota Camry
  2. Toyota Corolla
  3. Honda Accord
  4. Dodge Ram
  5. Honda Civic
  6. Chevrolet Impala
  7. Chevrolet Cobalt
  8. Nissan Altima
Reply to
SMS

Not a lot of fleet sales? Pickup trucks?

My own company probably bought 10,000 Silverados last year.

You're kidding, right?

Reply to
B A R R Y

What's with the fleet sales thing anyway? ALL manufacturers dealers sell to fleets and rental car companies, IF they can get the sale. ALL manufacturers offer their dealers a discount to sell to fleets of more than five, around $600 to $800. Why would anybody think a dealer cares who buys vehicles from them?

mike

Reply to
Mike Hunter

Toyota offers a fleet discount on the Tundra as well, but there are not many takers it appears based on the Tundras dismal sales figures in comparison.

mike

Reply to
Mike Hunter

The "Mike Hunt" troll is lying, as usual. He routinely makes the above claim while failing to include the "in the US" qualifier required to make it the truth.

"Mike Hunt" is a lying asshole and best ignored.

Reply to
dizzy

why should I entertain the idea of ignoring him over you? After all you are THE maximum troll dizz old boy.

Reply to
dbu,

To listen to Bob Lutz and Rick Wagoner, you'd think things were just swell at GM. And, even though sales dropped another 9% in December, they "met internal sales targets" (I am not making that up, one of their Veeps said it).

We know they're not in trouble because they sell cars with FULL V8 POWER (note: the V6 Avalon is quicker than the Northstar V8-equipped Lucerne but let's ignore that factoid for now). (for bonus points, guess which one gets better fuel economy).

Of course, if they *were* in trouble, the Chevy Volt (due out in 2010, maybe, or later, maybe...) would certainly solve all their problems. Of course, now it's hybrid electrics that are the GM Car of the Future and not hydrogen... I guess hydrogen was just a lot of gas... :-)

Reply to
dh

Well, actually, look at his disclaimer: "...but in the US..."

This is probably true. But when you consider that GM went from being the WORLD'S biggest car maker and is now threatened by a Japanese "Upstart", it kind of pales in comaparison, eh?

The 'sad' news (to Mike) is, that they AREN'T going to be the WORLD'S biggest carmaker for a lot longer...

Reply to
Hachiroku

Okay, I missed that. But I know in the past he's behaved as I described.

In addition, he fixates on the American market as he does above, as if that's the only market that matters. Obviously the domestics enjoy a huge home-field advantage in the US, so the US market cannot be isolated and used as "evidence" that GM cars are more desirable than Toyota's.

"Mike Hunt" is a stupid troll and a lying asshole.

Reply to
dizzy

I may have unlocked the Avalon so I could put groceries in the trunk. Unfortunately by the time I'm done with that the car has relocked itself. PIA. One of many reasons I got rid of it.

Reply to
Art