Gone, not forgotten, and sorely missed...

I sold the Hachiroku (85 Corolla GT-S) to a kid who's father and uncle have some of the COOLEST Toyotas in the area. Uncle has a 1976 Corolla wagon with Right Hand Drive, a 1991 truck that is MINT, and what really pisses me off is he has a SUPERCHARGED MR-2 that I tried to buy 3 times in the past 6 years...and he got it for $500!!!!! :mad!:

I finally decided I didn't have the time or money to work on it and sold it for $400. It was rusting and needed someone to work on it NOW...or so I thought.

I almost kissed it goodbye as it left the yard. It was, bar none, the absolute BEST car I have ever owned.

I saw the kid's Dad a couple weeks ago and asked how it's going...

"Junk"...

I think I actually shed a tear..."WHAT?!?!?!"

When it got stolen in 1992 they jacked up one side, took the wheels off, and DROPPED it. I had to replace the inner and outer bearings on the passenger's side because when it hit it crunched them.

Well, that's not all. It also started a crack from the firewall to the rear wheel well. From sitting for the past 8 years the rust crept in and made the crack unrepairable. It couldn'tr even be welded...

I asked him if he was able to get his money back out of it. He got $250 and kept the engine, transmission and LSD rear axle, along with some of the interior pieces. So at least he got something out of it.

So my poor Hachiroku is sitting in a junkyard somewhere. I did find out today you can still get a floor pan for it, but that would be too much work.

Or, maybe not...:D

Reply to
Hachiroku ハチロク

Uh...wait...

Uncle has a 19 SIXTY-SEVEN RHD Corolla wagon...NOT 1976.

Came from Japan with a Japanese woman who moved here in 1972.

Reply to
Hachiroku ハチロク