Good source for genuine OEM Toyota parts?

Good source for genuine OEM Toyota parts?

Anyone knows where to get Toyota OEM parts for a reasonable price? My husband does a high volume of Toyota repairs in his shop and the dealer is killing him!

Any info, thoughts or suggestions are greatly appreciated! TIA

Lisa

Reply to
sabra9120

TROLL! Toyotas do not need to be repaired, Toyotas don't break down often enough to keep a shop in business ;)

mike

Reply to
Mike Hunter

Try Conicelli Toyota's web site, "

" What kind of a discount does the local dealer give to independent repair shops?

Reply to
SMS

Talk to several local Toyota dealers and see what kind of wholesale arrangements they offer to shops.

Reply to
Ray O

Yeah, what Ray said.

The larger Toyota dealers don't want to lose the business, so if you call and ask them to match On-Line prices, they will often do that...or better.

The best on-line price I could find for a fuel tank was $375. Local dealer wanted $535, and a lot of them had it listed at $475. I called Jaffarian's in Haverhill, MA and asked if they matched Web prices. They turned me over to a guy who said, sure, we can match Web prices. So, the price for my tank was $339. I also needed gaskets, a sending unit for the oil press, and a couple small items.

He called me back and said your total is ~$360 plus tax. I said, wait, you got the sending unit in there? He said, yeah..oh, I was able to give you the tank for $279...!

It also varies from dealer to dealer. Most dealers wanted $24 for a distr. cap for my Supra, and $95 for spark plug wires. I got the cap from Champion Toyota in Texas for

Reply to
Hachiroku

Loser...

Reply to
Lisa

Thank you...

California! Sweet..Too far for us..we are really looking for something local or close by.

As far as discounts, we don't really know, but the prices are really over the top. I was looking online at some websites with trademotion and the prices are almost 50% off!!! I did not think the parts they carry are "genuine" or warranted by Toyota. How can you tell? Would these parts be warranted locally by a Toyota dealer?

We are young and we are still learning. My husband just finished his military service few months ago and took over a shop that has been closed for few years. His uncle used to own and operated until he passed away! Well, enough family history but again, thanks for your input.

Lisa

Reply to
Lisa

Tahnks Ray..

Reply to
Lisa

Thank you..Good info!

Reply to
Lisa

That's just Mike. Since we rave about our 'Toys' he thinks we think they are the best cars in the world (well...thay are!)

He'll grow on you in a short time.

Like a fungus...

Reply to
Hachiroku