Grill emblem on 1999 Camry

Someone just pointed out to me that the grill emblem on my 99 Camry is missing the black backing. In 14 years I never realized that it probably did have a black backing, preventing clear access around the emblem to the area in from of the radiator. Is this true--do those grill emblems have a black backing? I can't see what would have held it in place. Recently, I washed the vehicle using a high pressure hose. Wonder if that blasted the grill emblem away?

Reply to
Sharx35

I don't have my 1997 Camry anymore so I can't tell you for sure but I don't think they have a black backing. Have you tried calling the dealer parts department and asking them?

Reply to
badgolferman

THAT would be too easy! Better to ditz the question around here for a few months.

Reply to
Sharx35

Is this really that important? Like who cares.

Let's get back to something more interesting.

Reply to
dbu`

Agreed. You start off. That "short and curly" that you found in your breakfast cereal this morning--whose was it?

Reply to
Sharx35

Well, other than routine maintenance you are highlighting the typical type of problem experienced by a Toyota owner.....

Reply to
badgolferman