Had my hubcaps stolen today

"mabar" wrote

Ummm, but what would you reward a spinner's thief with? Surely stealing spinners can't be considered anything but a service to humanity.

Floyd ;->

Reply to
fbloogyudsr

I advocate a good dose of salt rock via 12 gauge 'accelerator'

Reply to
Troy

Yeh...and to be really cool your steering wheel spinner should be the newest 'fold away' type...remember those? :)

Reply to
Gord Beaman

Reply to
hachiroku

I've played Hard Rock, Soft Rock, Country Rock, Southern Rock and Modern Rock, what the hell is Salt Rock?

Reply to
hachiroku

You know, there's a state Senator in Arizona, I believe, who has tried to pass a bill in that state banning Spinners and imposing a $10 fine for those who have them.

Seems he was approaching an intersection where he had the ROW, and a person pulled up to the stop sign with spinners. The good Senator saw the spinners still spinning, slammed on his brakes and almost caused a pile-up!

Reply to
hachiroku

MY GOD!...say it's not true!...they actually WASH their hands?...disgusting filthy infidels...

Reply to
Gord Beaman

Exaclty right! During the first Gulf War, the troops were taught that, for example, if a Saudi or a Kuwaiti asked you for a tool, you always hand it to them with your RIGHT hand, since passing something to someone with the laft is an even bigger insult that flipping them off!

Only the Extremists...

Reply to
hachiroku

O_O

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll®

Because that's the hand that is used while thinking of what is under the burkha?

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

Hubcaps is one thing, but this was about the hood ornament on a Dodge Truck.

Seriously, it was tongue in cheek, just as you said, andthe point is priecisely that we give the slap on the han way too much for there to be any deterent of crime to come out of the punishment given.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

While I *was* speaking tongue in cheek, there is a certain truth that hubcap stealing would drop way off if it was a death penalty offense. Of course, if they do it like the death penalty in California, it would never work. We have almost 650 on death row, and have only executed 11 since 1978, unless I am wrong then it was 1976 -- either way, it takes way too long to execute these guys. If we started tomorrow with the rate they have in Texas, it would take 15 years to clear death row if there were no new convictions.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

Screw the death penalty, my beloved 'Hachiroku' got boosted once and broken into twice. I don't care if they are just trying to take a LUGNUT, if I have a weapon, they're hurting...

Reply to
hachiroku

Not really, but I LIKE it! I LIKE it!

Reply to
hachiroku

On Fri, 29 Jul 2005 18:08:38 GMT, Deuteros , said the following in rec.autos.driving...

That statement answers your first question.

Reply to
Paul.

I think your question in the first sentence was answered more than adequately in the second. Why buy when you can steal?

Forget parts store hubcaps. Most of the stuff on the resale market is utter crap, especially the all plastic ones. You might be able to search out some good ones, but I doubt it. I haven't seen any that will stay attached on the car through the usual bumps and potholes.

Aftermarket steel (chrome or painted) or alloy wheels can look very good on your car, and still cost you less than buying a new set of factory hubcaps. Or go to a wrecking yard and see about a set of wheels - they keep the good ones.

I'd look into a set of wheels - and if you do get a set of locking lug nuts at the same time. So the next time someone gets the urge to steal something you don't find the car up on concrete blocks - when they steal hubcaps the car is still drivable, when they take the wheels and tires...

-->--

Reply to
Bruce L. Bergman

He reversed has words his. ;-P

Rock Salt - makes a good shotgun shell load that gets your point across to the miscreant without being deadly (if used with some care). And since the salt dissolves, any that manages to penetrate the skin will go away without needing surgery to dig the pellets out.

Hurts like hell if you get an ass full. And even if it doesn't penetrate and keep hurting for days, it still gets the message across.

-->--

Reply to
Bruce L. Bergman

Never had the pleasure, but I used to know a guy who kept a shotgun full of rock salt by the door wyhen I was a kid. People still do that? Used to be just the old 'hillbillies' that did that!

Reply to
hachiroku

Damn skippy. My grandma back in the 20's got a guy trying to steal kerosene one night out on the farm with a mixed load of pellets and a bit of rock salt. (Granddad was out wildcatting for oil, otherwise I'm sure he would have given the guy the same load.) The guy got the message. I'm kinda glad Grandma got him. She only had a 410. Granddad had a 10 gauge double barreled over and under in those days when you could still get shells for them.

I've had my license plate stolen when I lived in the city. It's a unique number. If anyone else tries to use it, it's going to stick out like a sore thumb, and so far it hasn't turned up. They just wanted the sticker.

Nobody ever said theives were smart.

Charles of Kankakee

Reply to
n5hsr

Nah, just a good caning law, for the delinquent kid and his delinquent parents.

Reply to
Larry Bud