Head machining

7M-GE As these engines have trouble with head gaskets is .011 too much to remove from head? this one has been machined twice since I owned it. I took the head off my second cressida (blown gasket)and took it plus a head that had been machined already to get the best one surfaced and pressure tested and he did the one that had been machined before. I measured the difference as best I could and it looks like .011 has been removed from the tested one. the block on the good cressida looks to be a lot better than the one I had most trouble with but not perfect but I can not machine it. This cressida ran perfectly up until it suddenly spluttered and stopped and as I removed head I discovered the heater tap had broken which I assume meant almost instant draining. I am going to take a chance on the block surface but am worried about the extra compression from machining. Also, how much more can I tension the head bolts over recommended before breaking something? Plus any other hints on replacing head
Reply to
F Murtz

Another question, the top of the piston that blew the gasket out(which may have had water in it as I partially filled it before figuring the blown gasket and saw the water out the exhaust) is slightly lower than the other ones when turned by hand.There are no funny noises or scratches in the cylinder and the engine did run with no water (to get it off the truck) What could compress in the piston or could the con rod be slightly bent but still work? Or could someone have put a bodgie piston in previously. I wish I had ex ray vision.

Reply to
F Murtz