help and sugguestions for toyota corolla

hi everyone, i'm new and don't know anything but i really want a good bass in my car. it's a 1994 toyota corolla with about 180000 miles on it so i don't something really expensive or something that can be removed and reinstalled in my next car. it has all the stock speakers (except for the back which i installed a pair of cheap walmart 6 1/2 inch speakers, very easy) and deck. i really want a subwoofer in my trunk. i have read a bit, but i was wondering if i just buy a cheap amp and a subwoofer box with subwoofers off of craigslist,

  1. will it be an easy installion that i can do by myself the back speakers was just taking out the wires to the old speakers and reconnect to the new ones,
  2. what wattage should i get the sub so that it's decent and not expensive
  3. how much is an average sub and amp installtion if i chose to do it professionally and already have the amp+sub
  4. do i have to replace the car deck to get the most out of the new sub
  5. any battery issues that will be caused by the new amp and sub

the only thing i'm gonna use the system is with my ipod which is hooked up to the current system right now using the cassette adapter thanks in advance

Reply to
chao89

crutchfield.com probably has a lot of answers to your questions.

Reply to
Ray O

Definitely crutchfield, but I would also just advise you to treasure your hearing and protect it. Take it from someone who knows, it's not fun being half deaf. It's one of those things that make you go "huh?" a little more often than you would like.

Reply to
Reasoned Insanity

huh?

Reply to
Scott in Florida

One can not be HALF deaf anymore than a glass can be half full. By definition as deaf person can not hear. LOL

mike hunt

Reply to
Mike Hunter