Help, fresh air switch keeps switching back to re-circulate? ('96 Corolla)

When ever it rains my car's windows fogs up heavily. So I decided to switch from re-circulate to fresh air. But after a few mintutes the switch goes bacy by itself to re-circulate. Anyone know what causes this? I have always had the switch set to recirculate. Byt the way I had my car cd player changed at circuit city a year ago. I wonder if something was damaged when they changed my cd deck?

Reply to
Tony

The heating and AC system should be set to fresh most of the time.

Is the fresh-recirculate mode changed by an electric switch or is the mode changed with a lever?

Reply to
Ray O

Is this only in "defog" mode? It might be a function that when selected, it changes the air circulation mode as well. Check the owners manual and it might give a clue. Good luck.

Reply to
user