Help Starting dilemma

I have a toyota celica St 89 model, benn parked for over a year and decided to give life to it again, it used to run,but the engine won't sustain running for long after i did some tune up measure, so i decided to parked it and forget. Now i want to run it again but it won't even cranked. Changed the battery, checked starter/solenoid at autozone and it runs ok, put it back and the same proble, planning to check my fuses and relays next time because the starter will not budge at all. How would i proceed with the problem, any help will greatly be appreciated

Reply to
Dan49

If the car has an automatic transmission, try shifting into neutral and see if the engine cranks. If it does, then the neutral safety switch is probably the culprit.

If the car has a manual transmission, try push starting.

If those measures do not work, disconnect the battery cables and see if you can turn the engine over by hand by putting a wrench on the lower pulley bolt.

Reply to
Ray O

I can turn the engine manually w/o difficulty, just checked my starter relay and resisteance is in the upper 60 ohms, no idea what the acceptable norms is, but i think it is to high, besides i also run a test light and there seems to be no continuity, you think it could be the problem, will run a second test with autozone tomorrow and see the ressults. Thanks for youe suggestion,

Reply to
Dan49

Give the starter relay a tap with a hammer while someone engages the key. If it cranks, then the relay is the culprit.

Reply to
Ray O