Help with identifying 3ZZ-FE rattle at idle

Corolla 2006 with 3ZZ-FE engine got a rattle at idle:

Noise is there only with engine warm. Car has 45,000 miles. At the dealer they suggested it may be a worn chain liner.

Reply to
Dan

Noise does not seem to increase in intensity or freqency with RPM. I would remove all belts and run engine for a very short time (no cooling) and see if the noisc is still there, I think it is a pully (bearing) making the noise. Not a real issue and will get progressively worse before failing. You will have plenty of warning before it fails.

uncle_vito

Also check your PCV valve. Perhaps a spring broke or is weak and allowing the metal valve inside to rattle. Just disconnect it to test idea.

uncle_vito