Here come the smaller cars

The HUGE tanks are a dying breed.. even the hicks who hail them so much realize even they cannot afford to feed them..

Mind you I would love to see some SUV's that can get 40 mpg and have no problem with someone who truly uses the space in their SUV... ... I mean, it is possible... but people see smaller as better, more trendy, cleaner, easier to wash, easier to park, faster to drive...

Just is the way it is...

Reply to
GO Mavs

"GO Mavs" ...

You can't drive along any major road in my town without seeing a gas guzzler bearing a "For Sale" sign.

I feel badly for them, but some can only learn the hard way.

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll®

When I was in highschool I had myself a '76 Mercury Grand Marquis. It was yellow on the ouside, and had yellow and white leather on the inside. Power seats, windows, mirrors am AND fm with 8-track, and every angle on the car seemed to be 90?. Plus, under the hood there was a (why not?) 7.5 litre V8, mated to a three speed transmission. Oh, and the GVW on the door sticker was 6,500lbs. Different car from a different era.

Reply to
qslim

Amen:

There are three kinds of "(wo)"men. The ones that learn by reading, and the few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence............... Will Rogers

Reply to
tak

I get a kick out of seeing people put $5 of $3.39/gal gas into a 12-14 MPG vehicle. Is it even worth stopping for a gallon and a half?

Reply to
B A R R Y

Really? Seems even Toyota loyalist do not want to buy midget cars. Toyotas replacements for its Scion brand are all larger with bigger engines, The next Pruis will share Corolla parts as well, according to Automotive News and Motor Trend.. ;)

mike

Reply to
Mike Hunter

What is funnier is some people will sell the perfectly good, safer, SUV they need the haul their family and all their stuff, then go and buy an overpriced small car or hybrid to save a comparatively few hundred dollars a year of fuel, all the while paying $400 a month on new car payments, as the price of fuel drops once again. LOL

mike

Reply to
Mike Hunter

Make the price of gas so high that everyone is forced to drive small cars. Then give a hemi to all the police departments. Presto, problem solved. No more outrunning the cops! The price of gas won't matter to them as the tax payers will be paying for it! LOL

Rich

Reply to
Just Me

They should have chosen more wisely in the first place.

Reply to
DH

Reply to
GO Mavs

my Yaris is 222 a month. Youre forgetting the smaller cars are cheaper cost than the tank you drive..

also you arnt protecting your family in that SUV... stop trying to kid yourself...

Reply to
GO Mavs

except the small cars are just as safe as the rollover SUV'S... and the cost is nothing at what Mike is trying to say it is.

Does he really compare a 14 thousand dollar Yaris? A 14 thousand dollar car? a 20 thousand dollar accord? to a 35 thousand dollar SUV? seriously!

Reply to
GO Mavs

One more thing...

Mike, are you really so backwoods and hillbilly that you cannot understand that someone with a smaller car is getting 3 times the gas usage as you and that just because gas prices may fall to 2 bucks for one month doesnt mean you arent forking over more money?

I just have to laugh at the stupidity of your comments sometimes.

Reply to
GO Mavs

You are entitle to you own opinion but there is more to life than a few hundred dollars a year. My V8 cars average 23 MPG and my V6 cars average 26 MPG, the way I use them, around in mountainous country. NONE of the small cars, among my relatives, get three times the mileage, where we drive. To me a few hundred dollars a year is not worth riding in a midget or small car, I prefer larger, quicker safer larger cars.

mike

Reply to
Mike Hunter

$222 will buy a lot a gas every month. My thirty years as an automotive design engineer says your opinion is wrong, if you do not understand the large cars are safer than midget or small cars, but you are free to believe whatever you choose and spend you money wherever you wish. ;)

mike

Reply to
Mike Hunter

Toyota sell fifteen times as many Camrys, however LOL

mike

Reply to
Mike Hunter

That was the price of the car. If you bought a more expensive gas guzzler, it would be like $300 + even more for gas. Get a clue man.

your 30 years is worth crap, man.

back your opinion with evidence that people are less likely to do in a crash in a large car than a small car.

Yeap, and he is free to choose that your opinion is worth something.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff

Do you own homework, check the NHTSA injury and death rates among children over the past ten years. Educate yourself, ask insurance agent which has the better PIP insurance rates. Also compare small FWD collision rates to large RWD rates. LOL

mike

Reply to
Mike Hunter

In other words, no you can back your claims.

LOL.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff

You are free to believe whatever you choose. I did not 'claim' anything simply reported on published facts. If you are out of touch and do not want to do a search to get the facts, you have the right to be uninformed if you choose I could not care less. LOL

mike

Reply to
Mike Hunter