Hey, Ray O. How can I X-REF Parts from model to model?

I can get a tranny cheap. The guy syas it's out of an '86. THere were 2 models in '86, the Celica based Supra and the Supra Supra.

I need to know WHICH tranny it is. ASAIK, the bell housing will work from the 5M-GE to the 7M-GE, but the shifter location is different. So, I either locate the right shifter housing and linkage, or cut a hole in the floor! (I'm not too crazy about the!)

I am also trying to cross reference the pedals from my Celica to the '88 Supra. The goal is to try and use as much off of the Celica before I send it to the Happy Hunting Grounds.

Is there a way to do this other than annoying some poor parts guy who's busy enough anyway?

Reply to
Hachiroku

I have never seen any simple means of cross referencing parts from one model to another, however, for the Celica-based Supra, most of the structure from the A-pillar back ws the same. I have no idea about transmissions, shifters, or pedals.

Sorry!

Reply to
Ray O