Hey Ray! You remember Florida?

Florida, MA that is. Thre inches of snow this evening.

It isn't real often we get snow around here before Halloween.

Global Warming my @ss! ;)

Reply to
Hachiroku

I recall seeing the Florida signs but I don't remember where. Is it near N. Adams? Time to break that Tercel 4WD out of mothballs!

Reply to
Ray O

Reply to
tom418

Florida is the town you pass through at the top of the 'mountain' (Do you remember the Summit Motor Lodge?) and then down the long hill to the 'hairpin'.

Um, the Tercel went to the crusher back in July. It was getting too rusty again.

Reply to
Hachiroku

That's the place!

Reply to
Hachiroku

Snow?..that's amazing, it hasn't been below about +8C (maybe 46F) or so here anytime this Fall. (PEI Canada)

Reply to
Gord Beaman

I knew I saw the Florida sign somewhere...

I drove Route 2 many times, from Leominster to Greenfield to North Adams. The biggest reason I did Route 2 from Greenfield to N. Adams was the hairpin turn, especially if I was driving a RWD Celica GTS.

Reply to
Ray O

Now I remember!

Look for an All-Trac Camry. Lots of fun, great in the snow.

Reply to
Ray O

I have a Ply Grand Voyager AWD. It actually goes pretty good in the snow, even with summer tread tires.

I'd like another Tercel AWD, tho...

Reply to
Hachiroku

Other not-so-well-known used Toyota AWD/4WD choices... Corolla All-Trac wagon

1st generation Van 4X4 Previa All-Trac
Reply to
Ray O

I see these all the time. Easily distinguishable by the bulge in the roof and the different grille...

I tried to buy two of these things in the last 3 years, about $600 each. One was a 'conversion' van that had gone wrong and had leaky, but easily fixable windows, and the underside was SOLID (I think I was so surprised at how solid the undercarriage was that I actually talked the guy out of selling it...) and another one that was...er, another one...

Reply to
Hachiroku

Those are pretty good rides! You should snag one if the chance pops up.

They are pretty solid, check the bolt on the crankshaft pulley to make sure it is tight.

Reply to
Ray O