Hiace speedo not working

A friend has a Toyota Hiace on which several things went wrong at the same time:

Digital speedo not working - The display remains on zero Mileometer not working Hard and Soft Ride not working Overdrive light flashes

Is it possible that there is one cause for all these faults? If so, what might it be?

Additional details of the vehicle:

Super Custom Model Q-LH100G-MRPGT about 1991

2.4 auto Diesel

Thanks for any help.

Mike

Reply to
Mike Hutchinson
*snip*

Sorry, I can't help you with your problem, but when I saw 'speedo' in the topic, I pictured my husband wearing one...

Natalie, missing that man *way* too much (He's on a remote tour in South Korea)

Reply to
Wickeddoll®

There is a good chance that there is one cause for all of the faults, likely the speed sensor or speed sensor circuit. You can confirm this by reading the codes in the transmission computer, which should be stored when the overdrive light flashes.

Reply to
Ray O

"Mr. Tripod" fits in a speedo?

Reply to
Ray O

Barely

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll®

Good one, Ray! ;)

Reply to
hachiroku

Listening to Natalie describe Mr. Tripod is enough to give most guys inferiority complexes!

Reply to
Ray O

LOL I didn't even remember uttering that nickname on *this* NG. I gotta watch that!

We um...enjoyed his visit here from Feb. 25th to March 13th. Fortunately, our kids are old enough to spend a lot of time away from home.

Oh yeah - he became a Captain while he visited, so I took pix of him with his new rank, which I'll put on my blog...eventually

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll®

Congratulations on his promotion and many thanks to Captain Tripod for serving in the A.F.!

Reply to
Ray O

Thanks! I'll forward this to him

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll®

Please don't mention the inferiority complex thing to him!

Reply to
Ray O

Real men don't care what people think about their...attributes ;-)

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll®

..... which is why you don't need to mention the inferiority complex thing! Besides, with all the testosterone oozing out of this ng, it would take nothing to ignite a flame war on the virtues of length vs. girth! Fwaap could have a whole new meaning here :-o

Reply to
Ray O

LOL he didn't see that part - I only sent him the first one...your secret's safe

:-)

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll®

That's why Natalie is everyone's favorite poster girl!

Reply to
Ray O

I'll be 47 in May, so it's cool to be a poster girl at my age!

:-)

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll®

Still a spring chick!

Reply to
Ray O

It ain't the years...it's the mileage LOL

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll®

And state of mind so stay young!

Reply to
Ray O

My teenagers have depleted my supply of spunk!

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll®