Highlander headlights on until door opened

Can I do something about that ...I often stop the vehicle and have to remember, if I sit in it and listen to the radio or wait for someone, to open the door to make the running lights or headlights shut off...can I overcome this or can it be programmed out by the dealer ??

Reply to
<noeone

okay, I know you will hate me but, doesn't the switch work? Course mine is an 02 so might not have the latest switch. Even our Avalon (made in KENTUCKY) allows turning off headlights, foglights, or just DRL's. As for disabling it I can't answer. I guess it could be a problem but I've never sat that long w/o opening door or turning them off manually.

Reply to
thisbemomma

You could put the ignition on ACC.

Reply to
badgolferman

The problem occurs when you forget the lights are on. Seems to me they oughta go off automatically after some period of time when the ignition is turned off.

Reply to
Don