How do u change the cabin filter? w/o breaking the glove?

My 2000 avalon.

there is a tab/screw holding the it in place on the right side. I tried to use a plier to pull it out but it wont bulge.

I been lookin at other options but im sure that, that tab has to come out first. how do u take it out?

felixadacatz

Generally, on most models, the filter is accessed by squeezing the side panels of the glovebox.

Reply to
hachiroku

"" wrote: > On Wed, 29 Jun 2005 16:36:04 -0400, felixadacatz wrote: > > > My 2000 avalon. > > > > there is a tab/screw holding the it in place on the right > side. I > > tried to use a plier to pull it out but it wont bulge. > > > > I been lookin at other options but im sure that, that tab > has to come > > out first. how do u take it out? > > > >

> > From the looks of the thing, I would guess you twist it to > match the > opening and slip it through by squeezing the panel on the > glovebox. > > Generally, on most models, the filter is accessed by squeezing > the side > panels of the glovebox.

i tried it, it almost broke as u can see

Reply to
felixadacatz

I'd guess that the tab is stationary and the glove box compartment itself has to pivot.

Reply to
Ray O

...or...or...maybe they 'both' must be stationary and the 'car' has to pivot?...

Reply to
Gord Beaman

I think you hold it stationary and wait for the Earth to rotate on its axis 90 degrees (that would take six hours).

Merritt

Reply to
Merritt Mullen

I tried to follow directions for our 02 Avalon that Bosch included with the filter!

Not even close.

My nephew changed it. Course he's used to working on Saturn's so I think he was ready to try anything. The thing I missed on mine is there is a 10mm bolt behind door moulding that had to come out - then popped out fine.

Ron

Reply to
ron

"" wrote: > I tried to follow directions for our 02 Avalon that Bosch > included > with the filter! > > Not even close. > > My nephew changed it. Course he's used to working on Saturn's > so I > think he was ready to try anything. The thing I missed on > mine is > there is a 10mm bolt behind door moulding that had to come out > - then > popped out fine. > > Ron

Not sure? theres a bolt on the right of glove box?

Reply to
felixadacatz