how long for a/c to cool 07 prius?

I have 300 miles on my prius with package 5. It took 10 to 15 minutes for a/c on max recirc to cool the car - didn't seem to matter windows down or up - outside humid 97 degrees - is this a design flaw or is my car defective?

My honda pilot would be so cold, I would get goosebumps. This Prius left my sweating this afternoon. Rocky

Reply to
Rocky

Was the system on Auto, or did you override it?

Is there anything blocking your solar gain sensor?

Reply to
mrv

I'd say defective.

It's 95 and extremely humid around here, and my 8500 mile 07 is cooling down the interior MUCH better than what you describe.

Reply to
Elmo P. Shagnasty

I also have an '07 Prius. This summer has been hot and humid, and I've had no problems with keeping cool inside the Prius. I've had my Prius about 6 months, and absolutely NO problems, not even minor ones. Mr B

Reply to
Mister Bear

"Rocky" ...

I am thinking that you might not have the temperature control set low enough. Go to the Climate screen and make sure you have the temperature set for something like 72. Just hitting the AC button does not do it. My Prius cools fine when it is 100degF out. Tomes

Reply to
Tomes

Just a re-check on my previous post, I drove home today in 100 degree heat and gawdawful humidity. Sure, it took a few minutes for the air to get cold--that's simple physics. But during my 20 minute drive, easily the last 10 minutes were with freezer-cold air coming out of the vents of my 07 Prius. You could hang meat with those things blowing.

And the best thing is, with the AC run from electric and not from the engine, I get full on cold AND fan no matter if I'm crawling through traffic or blasting down the highway. Can't do that with the AC tied to the engine.

Reply to
Elmo P. Shagnasty

I assume that my '04 (purchased Oct '03) has a similar system. It generates cold air from the outlets within 60 seconds, and cools the interior within 3-4 minutes depending on start conditions. It's a white car, which may make a difference...

Reply to
Ike