How much can I machine off a Toyota V6 3VZ-E head ??

Hi

I've just taken the heads off my 4-runner 3VZ-E engine due a blown head gasket. Both head gaskets have a failure at the same place which has also caused some corrosion on the aluminium head between the coolant passage and cylinder #1 (and #6 respectively).

80% of the damage has been removed by a 5 thou skim but I would like to remove the rest of the corrosion if possible (which would probably need 15 thou in total) What is the limit that I can go to for this engine??

Any help greatly appreciated

Darryl T

Reply to
Darryl Tunesi

Don't accept any guesses - make sure the info comes from a factory repair manual!

Reply to
Ray O