How safe is Prius?

Holy... INCOMING FWAP! TAKE COVER!!

-->--

Reply to
Bruce L. Bergman

Actually he kept comparing the larger interior and cargo space compared to mine more than anything else. Last evening I parked next to another silver Prius (2005 this time) and the woman owner talked about it but was more reserved in her attitude. She seemed very interested when I mentioned the car door add-ons and how well they looked on the other silver Prius. Her last few words were "I love it and I don't regret it".

Reply to
mark digital

-------------------------------------------------------------- He has less than 6,000 miles on it. Hardly broken in. Sure, 72 isn't really fast fast but if he's constantly punching it I can see why his mileage is low. Also, he's figuring in the winter condition miles too. I bet if he started his computations now he's be in the low to middle

50's. That's where I'm at now.

Remember I mentioned he was looking thru paperwork? H e carries a ton of stuff with him on his daily commute. Try doing that in an Echo.

Reply to
mark digital

Well, I think I would be surprised if it did not ride well. Most of the Toyotas have a pretty good ride and isolation from the road . I know my Sienna does and my 89 Camry also was a good rider.

Reply to
The Ambivalent dbu.

Gawd, not even close!

My man can admit when he's mistaken about something.

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll®

I was too stunned to swing at him

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll®

OK, but even that rate doesn't help in comparison to that price tag - for me anyway.

I have - it does rather well. Besides, weather doesn't really make much difference here. We don't get harsh winters or really hot summers. New Hampshire was a different story, of course.

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll®

Then, ma'am, I remove my virtual hat and scrunch it in my hands, whilst I shuffle my feet and proffer profound apologies for that speculative calumny, however humorously intended. ;-)

(Hubby, though, seems in need of some serious evaluative therapy. Maybe we can work on him gently. Start by persuading him to say some easy nice things about Prii. Such as "nice paint" or "nice maker's logo". The rest of the 12,000-step plan... could take a while. He's still young, I hope?)

Reply to
Andrew Stephenson

hehehe - no offense taken - just had to distance my great guy from...well, that other guy.

47 years young...

He doesn't hate the Prius, he just thinks it looks like an 'even uglier' Echo. (Yes, Gord, he thinks my Echo is ugly - chuckle all you want)

Hubby wouldn't mind getting a hybrid; just not that one. Personally, I'm waiting for the bugs to be eliminated.

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll®

that other guy.

(Yes, Gord, he thinks

Echos have no ass. Chat room is still around Ralph

waiting for the bugs to be

Reply to
ralph

Being married to Natalie, I bet he gets lots of practice!

Reply to
Ray O

Hubby wouldn't mind getting a hybrid; just not that one. Personally, I'm

I don't think the Prius has many bugs.

Reply to
Ray O
[Hubby]

Personally, I wouldn't say the Echo is ugly so much as cartoonish. It's sorta like the Datsun F-10[*] in that respect.

[*]

Geoff

Reply to
Geoff Miller

Then hubby maybe has a big aesthetic problem: so many modern cars now have a similar look. Until the next radical design fad comes along, I don't expect that to change significantly. And, when it does, it probably won't be for the better from our POV. With the whole world's tastes now affecting designs, we are seeing some v. weird cross-cultural blends of what's considered pretty and ugly.

Reply to
Andrew Stephenson

Since the start of August last, the only problems I've had with mine involved both front door rubbing strips. They were factory options. The rear door ones seem fine.

The r/h door's strip came loose within weeks. Replaced quickly. Two weeks ago, I found the l/h door's strip was loose, and that the (replaced) r/h one was loosening. Both replaced quickly. I suppose it was down to a bad batch of strips, though that sort of thing ceased being rocket science decades ago.

As to other kinds of bugs, my local spiders do not (yet) seem to have discovered the delights of home-making in the wing mirrors, which is their usual trick. (I spotted one of the beggars trying it on, yesterday, and swiftly gave it its marching orders.) The engine compartment is probably too crowded for larger wildlife to take up residence.

Reply to
Andrew Stephenson

True, the trunk situation bites. And there is no 'chat room' only the IRC channel

:-P

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll®

Hehehe - not really. He's too Polish to give up without a fight, but when you show him proof, he accedes. That's only fair.

:-)

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll®

I didn't buy it for its looks, but more for its handling and 'appetite'

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll®

About a month ago I was given a Matrix while my car was in for scheduled maintenance. I got home, parked it and went about my yard business. After awhile my oldest walked up to me (at first I thought he was offering to help - fat chance) and asked who owned the confused vehicle in the driveway. I said what do you mean? "It doesn't know if it wants to be a car or a station wagon", or he said a truck, I forget which. I said if you think that's bad you can't see the fuel gauge because the steering wheel is in the way. Freakin stupid layout. And as usual, car spit and coughed when trying to pass. I leaned forward so much when it dropped into a lower gear I thought my head was going to hit the steering wheel. Nope, either give me a hybrid Toyota or forgedda bout it. I'd rather walk. mark_

Reply to
mark digital

Well, of course tastes differ - the Part Time Cruiser is hideous to me (And a Chrysler to boot), but people love them so that's cool.

Hubby drives the xA, which many consider ugly. I don't like how it drives, and the cargo space is even worse than my Echo, but he loves it.

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll®