how to access/change gear oil 2002 RAV?

Trying to figure out how to access & change the transmission gear oil on our RAV 5-speed manual.

It looks like I have to remove a plastic shield underneath the engine compartment and then there is a large forward facing bolt which is larger than my largest 19mm socket.

Is this the drain bolt?

Will the gear oil drain or does it have to be pumped out and pumped in?

Thank you for your help!!!

MC

Reply to
misterc57

I don't know about the cover, but the drain is below the drive shaft, the fill is a similar looking bolt on the front of the box about level with the drive shaft

mrcheerful

Reply to
mrcheerful

It's probably 23mm...