How to price a high mile camry?

My daughter is selling her high mile Camry. It's a 1992 Camry SE, V6,

4 Door, 260,000 miles. It's never been wrecked, has very little rust and only burns a bit of oil.

Personally, I think it needs an engine over haul. The damn car just keeps going and going.

My daughter bought another bought a 2000 Camry so she'd like to sell it.

How do you price an excellent old car!

Bob

Reply to
BHawk

Go to

or
They have tools that give estimated values. I don't know if they go back that far, but if they only go back to 1995, you can go back that far and deduct some money from the estimated price.

Also, look in the paper for similar vehicles, even if they are different years.

A little oil burning for a car that old is expected.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff
2,000 OBO in the paper.. you will get offers for it ...
Reply to
GO Mavs

Here in Ottawa Canada, you wouldn't be able to give it away. The issue is really what a new owner would have to do to get the ownership transferred. If an emissions test is required, it would probably fail because of the oil burning, in which case its value is for parts only. A wrecker would give about $100 or so.

SD

Reply to
Stewart DIBBS

What's a MILE high Camry? One in which the horizontal mambo was done at over

5280 feet?
Reply to
sharx35

That's a mile-high Camry, not a high-mile Camry (the subject "high mile.")

I had the same thought, though. And what about if it is Denver?

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff

Jeff, Thanks... this is kind of what we've been doing. This Camry is a real work horse. For all you guys that just want to give up... Remember that many Taxi's go 500,000 + because they are well maintained. One of the things that really impresses me about this car is the Stainless Steel Exhaust. It's original equipment. Total Quality.

The SE is a 5 speed. It's kind of rare! It might be worth $1,000 just for parts.

Bob

Reply to
BHawk

I had one with 200 thousand miles on it. I paid 150 to get it up to emmissions standards. It ran for me just fine for 40 thousand miles. I turned around and sold it for 600. The parts alone on it are worth more than

1000 dollars.
Reply to
GO Mavs