Howto remove door panel in a Toyota Corolla '89

I've bougt a old Toyota Corolla '89 and is about to install a central-lock,

but i'm dumbfound. I have grinded to a halt, not knowing how to remove the window-crank so that I can remove the door-panel.

Any hints?

//Gnutt

Reply to
Gnutt Halvordsson

I'd guess Toyota has a particular tool for this task but this article may help get you started:

Google "window crank removal" or maybe "window crank removal tool" for more possible hits.

Reply to
DH

The window crank is held on with a "C" shaped wire clip. If you push in on the interior panel near the crank, you may be able to see which way the open end of the clip is oriented. Take a cloth rag and slip it between the base of the crank and the interior door panel and snag one of the open ends like floss and pop the clip off. Watch where it goes because it tends to fly off and disappear. If you have a small screwdriver, you can pop the clip off that way as well. To re-install the crank, install the clip on the notches on the shaft of the cranks and pop it back on.

Removing the window crank is a very basic operation that is pretty universal for all vehicles. Good luck with your power door locks! - If you are having trouble removing window cranks, you'll need the luck :-)

Reply to
Ray O

Ray O skrev:

Well the door panels are gone now, this is the first time I try to take that part out, has before changed a gearbox, other than that not much car-based work.

But that shall hopefully change, there is some welding to be done, and so on.

besides, I could have used brute force to get it off, but I wanted it to be whole to put back, and since I was unsure, I had to ask!

//Gnutt

Reply to
Gnutt Halvordsson

The best way to learn how to do something is to do it yourself. Good luck on your project!

Reply to
Ray O