Hub and disc assy wont allow calipers to be boltedback on

I am in dire need of assistance as I have changed my bearings and repacked the hub with grease and trying to install the disc assembley back onto the stub axle, but it seems as though it is not going back far enough to allow the calipers to fit on.

The car is a FJ40 Landcruiser and I am installing a FJ60 disc brake assembley.

I have measured the bearings, they are the same sizes, I have checked the gaskets between the swivel hub and everything - but, it seems to need to go back about 5mm for the calipers to line up correctly.... the only thing I can think of is maybe putting it all on the car and just tightening the hell out of the locking nut in the hope....

Any ideas would be GREATLY appreciated - thanks very much in advance...

Reply to
wortho