Hunter GSP wheel balance

Is it worth going out of my way to buy tires from a place that uses this machine? Or is it just hype?

Thanks.

BC Unbalanced

Reply to
BCDrums

Hunter Engineering has more than one GSP wheel balancer. For the most part, features on computerized wheel balancers improve the operator's convenience, shorten the time needed to properly balance a wheel, or reduce the skill level required to properly balance a wheel.

I have heard good things about the Hunter GSP 9700 Road Force Measurement System because it can correct tire-related pull problems as well as balance problems.

That said, if the operator does not properly mount the wheel on the machine, then even the best machine will not produce good results.

Reply to
Ray O

A few years ago I went to a road course with a buddy of mine who got us pit passes to watch a friend road race. The guy drove a racing BMW and it would go over 160.

He bought a new set of Goodyear racing eagles for it - the "sticky" ones with tread wear of 60! Anyhow the Goodyear techs used the old "bubble" balancer and they never were fine. So, like Ray says, its a lot in the operator. Ron

Reply to
Ron

I have a Direct Tire store near me, and a Hogan Tire (I'm in Massachusetts). DT has the Hunter GSP9700, Hogan does not.

Does anyone have anything to say about either of these shops? They are both small chains.

BC unchained

Reply to
BCDrums

Where are you at?

I use Pete's Tire Barn, not good prices (OK) but EXCELLENT service! Or, Town Fair Tire. If you see the same people there more than once, let me know...but good prices.

For alignments, I pay someone in Greenfied (not the 'free' alignment at TFT) because he's just so damn GOOD!

Reply to
Hachiroku

I'm in Natick. I am not looking for the drop-dead lowest price on tires, so much as a shop that will mount & balance them right the first time, and help me when I have a problem.

BC

Reply to
BCDrums

Pete's covers part of Hampshire County and part of Franklin County. They are in Northampton, Orange and maybe Worcester, but I'm not sure...

Gardner, Shrewsbury, Woburn and Randolph. They're good guys. If you're not looking to save money, this is the place to go!!

Tell them you got a recommendation from JB Auto in Northampton. That and $4 will get you a cup of coffee at Starbuck's, but if you come with a recommendation they will probably treat you well...

Reply to
Hachiroku

If you are not too concerned about tire price, go for the one with the GSP9700.

Reply to
Ray O