I'd like to meet the designer of the 2000 Sienna...

...in a dark alley somewhere. I changed the oil today for the first time and what a mess it was! The placement of that oil filter is ridiculous. It's right in between the motor mount and the heat shield. There's absolutely no room to get any kind of wrench other than a cap fitting one in there. Even when you get it loose the threads are so long that by the time you get it off there is oil all over the frame and motor mount.

How do others get that filter offwithout a mess?

Reply to
badgolferman

Take the filter off very slowly and it wont be nearly as messy.

Reply to
toyotawiz

"toyotawiz" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@localhost.talkaboutautos.com:

That's just too funny! HOW slow? Ten hours? Gotta left the car sit overnight, buddy. Let the intake pipe drain.

You're not a "wiz", you're a "diz".

Reply to
TeGGer®

If I did that it would spill more oil out.

Reply to
badgolferman